With this Winter we need some comforting meals. This week we are going for a beef stew with veggies and poached eggs. It is hearty and comforting...and perfect for cold weather.
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 2 tablespoons of extra vrigin olive oil
- 1.5 pound of fresh beef cut in small cubes
- 1 chourizo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorizo) sliced (replace with smoked sausage)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 eggs
- 3 large carrots cut into thin slices
- 1 package of frozen peas ( about 1 pound)
- pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
In a large pan, add the onion, garlic, chourizo, carrotts, and olive oil. Cook for a few minutes until the onion turns gold and soft.
Add the beef, salt and pepper and let the beef fry for a couple of minutes. As soon as the beef losses its pink/red color add the water and peas. Let everything cook in medium-low for 20-25 minutes. Make sure to stir the beef and vegetables a couple of times, while it cooks.
When the stew is ready, add three whole eggs to it.
Serve very hot with some white rice and/or bread. It is delicious!