This is a super delicious recipe, especially if you use fresh vegetables. At this time of the year we use frozen peas and corn. You can also replace the peas and corn with any other type of vegetable: Brussels sprouts, extra carrots, green beans...whatever you like the most.
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- 3 large carrots cut into thin slices
- 2 pounds of small red potatoes cut into cubes and washed
- 1 package of frozen peas (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 package of frozen corn (about 1/2 pound)
- pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
In a large pan, add the onion, garlic, carrots and olive oil. Cook for a few minutes until the onion turns gold and soft.
Add the potatoes, salt and pepper and let them fry for a couple of minutes. Then add the peas, corn and water. Let everything cook in medium-low for 20-25 minutes (or until the potatoes are soft -- you can try them with a fork). Make sure to stir the vegetables a couple of times, while they cooks.