Monday, December 28, 2009
We got the idea from those pizza rolls first; it's just we wanted to make our own. We decided to get crescent dough instead of puff pastry. Then we didn't want to use pizza sauce so we just got some bacon and cheese.
• 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
• 5 strips of bacon (fry the bacon in advance)
• 2 rolls of Pillsbury Crescent Big and Flaky
• 1 egg
• Butter and flour to grease the sheet pan
1. Break the bacon into small bits.
2. Open the crescent packages. Start making them by putting some cheese and bacon in the middle and roll it up to look like a crescent.
3. Pre-heat oven to what the crescent package says. Mine says: 350 degrees F.
4. Beat the egg and brush the egg wash over the crescents.
5. Take a large sheet pan. Butter it and cover with flour so the crescents will not stick.
6. Put the crescents on the sheet. Put them in the oven for the amount of time it says on the crescent package. Mine says: 16 to 19 min. or until all of them are golden brown.