This is the perfect dish for Christmas Eve (in case you do not like fish or are allergic to seafood). It is roasted chicken that we cook on special occasions. It is easy to do and looks spectacular.
• 2 teaspoons sea salt (coarse)
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
• 1 lemon cut in half
• 4 garlic cloves minced
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix sea salt (coarse), paprika, butter, garlic, pepper. Rub the whole chicken with it. Cut the lemon in two halves and put them inside the chicken. Cover it and leave it in the fridge overnight.
2. The next day, take the chicken out of the fridge; add two spoons of extra virgin olive oil. Preheat the oven at 350 F. Roast the chicken for 2 hours (every 45 minutes turn the chicken over – after 1 hr. remove the lemon from the inside). When golden, remove from the oven, let it sit for a few minutes and garnish with cranberries and cilantro. It looks fantastic and it is great for the holidays.